Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Birthday Nanny

This is a picture of my gran (or Nanny as we used to call her) with Branston when he was a baby. She passed away is September 2001 shortly before 9/11. That was a bad September. First my gran passed away, then 9/11, then Gathry had an accident and broke his collarbone then my brother and his wife were retrenched (they were in the tourist industry in Botswana and after 9/11 it suffered big time).

But now when I think of Nanny, I think of Kendra with her and I know that they are looking after each other.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Nanny. I know Mom has put some flowers next to your picture in her house and that your picture now shares a table with Kendra's picture. I wish you could have been here to meet Kendra during her short stay with us but now she is with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats the saddest thing i ever read 'Nessa.
Hope u are doing well.

Love always
Sherene

Anonymous said...

I think of you lots

 
Powered by WebRing.