Monday, October 15, 2007

Goodbye Milo

I am sorry to say that Milo did not make it. She had to be put down on Friday. The vet has sent tissue samples away to try and find out what poisoned her. I took Branston to visit her on Wed and Thurs evenings which I think was a good thing. He had a chance to say goodbye. He seems to be taking it quite well, a little bit too well maybe? I keep waiting for tears and statements of missing her. I think I took it harder than him. I don't know why it upset me so much, made me think of Kendra quite a lot. I don't know how a dog can make me think of my daughter, maybe it's just that there seems to be a lot of death around lately. Two of Branston's goldfish died during the past week as well. And the cat was vomiting on Friday too, but I think(hope) that was just hairballs - it is that time of the year.

I really need to get to the memorial park, the problem is that it is too far to go during the week so I will have to go over the weekend. Going there just seems to bring a sense of peace. The sadness is there too but generally it seems to calm the soul. Gotta get there, hope the weather is good.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007


Branston's dog, Milo, is at the vet and it sounds like she is not going to make it. She has acute kidney and liver damage, they think she was poisoned. What am I going to tell my child? Does he really need this in his life at the moment? It was his birthday yesterday and he was so excited. Now I have to tell him that there is a good chance that his dog is going to die. Man, life is a bitch!

I am not sure if I should take him to the vet to see her or not. The thing is, last year his sister went off to hospital and he never saw her again. I don't know if that experience should be repeated with the dog. I know a dog is very different to a sister but he is very attached to her. We got her shortly after Kendra died. The vet says that Milo does not look terrible, it is all internal so his last image of her would not be of a sickly looking dog. Should I take him to visit her or shouldn't I? Any advice? I don't know if I will get any answers before the time comes for me to decide but I will let you know the outcome.
Powered by WebRing.