Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Physio

I meant to do this post last night but little madam Kendra had other plans. She decided it was a good night to keep me busy till 11pm. Shame, I think her teeth are bugging her not to mention her tummy. She still seems to be a bit constipated. Tonight she wanted to stay up but she was in quite a good mood, full of smiles. I let her fall asleep on her own in the pram. She is really developing a little personality now. She is starting to vocalise quite a bit now. Sometimes she just shouts, that is the only way to describe it. It is not a cry or a goo or ga but a real shout, but not an unhappy one. She is also laughing a lot more now. Only problem is every time she laughs she gets hiccups!

We went to the physio last week and she is very happy with her progress. Kendra behaved herself for most of the session, Petro even got a smile. But of course it had to end as Petro kept putting K on her tummy and that is one position she does not like. Petro says that her head control is very good now, she has almost caught up to her age group. She still does not move around much. We have to try and encourage her to roll over and also to touch her feet with her hands. We are going back there next week for our last session of the year.

We have a few other things lined up as well. Next week is also the next visit to the orthoptist to have her eyes checked again and see if the patch has helped. The week after that is a follow up scan to check on her kidneys and then in December another visit to the paediatric neurologist for an assessment. We are looking at going fully comprehensive on our medical aid next year. At this rate we will be needing it.

And the young lady is really getting into her solids now. We are giving her porridge in the morning (rice cereal) and she is getting most of it down though still pushes a lot out with her tongue. I think that she is starting to realise that this is food we are shoving into her mouth. Though I think she just likes to chew on the spoon as she really clamps down on it if it stays in her mouth too long. And those little teeth are really sharp! I don't know how they don't hurt their top gums when they only have bottom teeth. She sometimes bites my finger when I rub her gums (she likes me to do that) and I end up with serious toothmarks on my finger.

Branston is still very happy with his little sister. He can't tell her often enough that he loves her. I worry sometimes that he will get jealous because lately he seems to get into trouble so often. Maybe he is looking for attention as he is constantly doing things he should not be doing and I feel like I spend my life shouting at him, then turn around and coochy coo to Kendra. Poor Kendra sometimes gets the short end of the stick now as I don't like to chastise him and then immediately go gaga over her in front of him. So she sometimes has to wait a little for her bit of attention.

This Sunday is family day for the special needs group. I am quite looking forward to that. It helps I think to see the children who are the reason for people belonging to the group so that one can get a better understanding of their situations. I have already met some of the children but there are still moms I have yet to meet as not everyone can usually attend the meetings. Gosh but this was a long post! See what happens when I do not post regularly. Best I make time to do this more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey VM!

Greetings to Ms. K, Gathry and Branstone. I have been checking out Kendra's progress and also very glad to hear how well she's doing.

Edwin

 
Powered by WebRing.