Sunday, October 23, 2005

Busy busy busy...

I have been feeling really bad for not posting anything for so long but life has been hectic.

Therefore you find me in front of the computer on a Sunday night when I should be in bed.

See Kendra in her party dress on the left. Also a pic of her and her nanny, Bulelwa. Week before last on Thursday we took K. for physio again. I especially planned it so that she had already eaten and would not scream from hunger as she did the previous time we went. But 5 minutes into our session the physio stretched K's leg and I think she hurt it so K screamed non-stop for the rest of the session. The nanny, who came with, was not impressed. She does not like the physio! Eventually K was handed over to Bulelwa to pacify while the physio showed me the remainder of the exercises on a doll! Besides the leg stretches we now have to also try and exercise her arms by opening her hands and putting pressure on them. She must also spend more time on her stomach.

Last Saturday was a busy day. In the morning we went to Connor's birthday party. Connor is a very special little boy who has Mytochondrial disorder. He turned 2 and a lot of the people from the special needs support group were there. It was nice to see the children so now when the moms talk about their kids in the group we know what they look like. Makes me realise how lucky we have been so far with Kendra. At least she does not have to have stomach tubes or anything like that. After that party was my sister's birthday party at her place. Amazingly K eventually slept through some very loud music. It was a good party. The next day we went to another birthday party. This time it was Peter who turned 1 year old. Kendra looked very cute in her little party dress.

Yesterday we had yet another birthday party to go to. This time it was Catherine turning 4. Branston had a ball as there was loads for the kids to do. Kendra was a little bit miserable as she has been very crampy lately. I thought that changing over to Nan formula had sorted out the cramps but yesterday afternoon and evening she had them really bad. I bought some Soymilk formula today. Maybe she is sensitive to dairy. If it is still bad tomorrow then we are off to the doctor. Yesterday afternoon I went to a craft afternoon (after the party) at Fiona's place. I belong to this time out kind of club called KKC (Kit Kat Club) and every month we do something, just the girls. This time everyone took some sort of craft and showed the others how to do it. I did not do much as Kendra was not happy and did not want to go to anyone. Poor Janine, we gave her a hard time as she tried to look after K for me so I could do something but K kept crying so Janine got teased for making the baby cry. K was much better today so hopefully this week will also be ok. She kept me up last week 2 nights in a row which is most unusual for her. Wed. night she kept throwing up, could not keep her food down and Thursday nite she was crampy again.

We are supposed to be taking K to hospital to go under anaesthetic so that the eye specialist can take a look at the optic nerves on Weds this week but I may cancel as Gathry may be going to Joburg. I don't really want to take her alone. The worst part of it is that she is not allowed to eat for 6 hours before and it is in the morning so she will wake up and be hungry. I will keep you posted.


Anonymous said...

Now I know I'm really getting old... 2nd Day away from home and I'm looking at this page because I'm missing all of you. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have had a busy week. i hope everything will go better this week. love joanne

Meh said...

Pretty girl!

So many birthday parties. Must get hectic (and expensive!)

How is the new formula going? Any better?


Anonymous said...

Thought I'll try to comment - first time... Thinking of you and family Venessa, hoping all goes well with Kendra this week. We think the blog is fantastic. Remember the babysitter is on hand.
Love the Kilian family

Powered by WebRing.