Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hey, strangers

I know, I have been very bad with blogging. Shocking in fact. But my excuse is that my FIL is staying with us (3 months now) and the computer is in his 'bedroom'/the study and he usually goes to bed quite early. I blog quite a lot in my head though, it just never seems to get to the computer. I could write up a whole blog post in the shower but by the time I get to a computer I cannot remember it. Anyway, besides that....

A HUGE BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Catherine and her family on the birth of little Myles. They have been through so much over the last 2 years they really could do with some happiness. I have been following Cathy's blog since May last year when I had just lost Kendra and she had just lost Travis. I have been really nervous every time I went on to her blog lately in case there was bad news. Strange how you can feel so connected to a stranger and feel so happy when things go right for them.

On the downside, I am adding a link on the right to Alida's blog. We were colleagues, then she became a client and now she has cancer. She was very supportive when Kendra died and it was quite a shock to hear of this. I must say that I like the last few words of her summary - 'my winning battle'. It is so great how positive she is and it sounds like her family are real troopers too. You go girl!!

Tertia asked me to participate in a combined blogging effort about grief and how we handle other people's grief. A few bloggers will each put our posts up on Sunday and link to each other so that you can get some different opinions about the subject. Join us then.

No comments:

 
Powered by WebRing.