Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy birthday, sweet angel












Dear Kendra

Happy birthday sweet angel. Four today! Hard to believe that 3 years have gone by since you left us. So sad that the only pictures I can post are of us at the memorial park.

We took 4 pink balloons and released them to fly away up to you. Daddy thought I was crazy, but I tried to tie 4 pink roses to the balloons as well. Granny bought you the roses. The first balloon flew away nicely but the other 3 sank onto the dam, the roses were a bit heavy for them! So we took the roses off and let the balloons go off on their own. We dropped the roses into the dam but the ducks tried to eat them. I hope we didn't kill off the memorial park ducks!!



I wish I knew what you would have looked like at 4. Branston was wondering too what you would have been doing. Would you have walked? Talked? What kind of treatments would we have followed to get you to where you should be? Would we have done the eye operation to open up your little eye? At least you don't need any of that now.


We are looking forward to the arrival of your new baby brother (who, according to the last scan, is totally ok, all measurements normal, everything looking good). It is very sad that he will never know his big sister. He kicks me a lot, reminding me of you when you were in my tummy. You also kicked me a lot, unlike Branston who was fairly still.


Anyway, little Kendra, we all miss you a lot - Mommy and Daddy and Branston and everyone else. We wish you were here with us today and always.



Love



Mommy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kendra. Congratulations on the non-eventful pregnancy! lou (long-time lurker)

clarissa said...

Happy 4th birthday Kendra!
Thinking of you and your family on this special day.
Love, Carl & Clarissa xxx

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday Kendra. We think of you very often. Lots of love, Me XX

Rosepetal said...

Happy belated birthday Kendra. Smiles and hugs.

Anonymous said...

G I have been slack.
Happy birthday Kendra.

Have to admit I did giggle when reading about the balloons and the roses in the dam. :)

Hugs
xxx

 
Powered by WebRing.